Marathon Business Solutions is committed to environmental sustainability, and works hard to ensure that our products are environmentally friendly. Marathon Business Solutions partners with product manufacturers who also have a strong commitment to environmental protection and sustainability. The products we provide are produced by manufacturers that participate in environmental programs at the production and design level.
| Modular Millwork
- Our manufacturer is an active member of the U.S. Green Building Council, and Marathon Business Solutions Modular Millwork is a LEED point’s product.
- Marathon Business Solutions Modular Millwork has been designed to be more durable and longer lasting than traditional millwork. Unlike traditional millwork, Modular Millwork is 100% re-locatable, so it can move and change as your needs change.
- All the wood used in Marathon Business Solutions Modular Millwork is 100% recycled content. All steel used in Modular Millwork is made from approximately 50% recycled content.
- Steel components are powder coated not painted, so no harmful vapors are released into the atmosphere.
- Sorters start by being produced at one of the most efficient plants in the world. The manufacture has earned the prestigious ìBlue Angelî certificate from the Swiss Environmental Bureau. The plant uses no fossil fuels to heat or cool the plant, only geothermal energy.
- Sorters are produced using at least 33% recycled content. Black & Gray color sorters are made from 100% recycled material.
- All Sorters are movable, so like Modular Millwork they can move with you. Plus the product is 100% recyclable ensuring that it never has to end up in a landfill.
- Our manufacture is committed to the long-term preservation of our environment and for over a decade has employed environmental sustainability and sensitivity policies.
- Marathon Business Solutions shelving products start with steel made from at least 25% recycled content.
- Our Shelving products are powder coated not painted, so no harmful vapors are released into the atmosphere.
- No ozone depleting substances are used in the manufacturing process.
- Our High Density Shelving and all of our Static Shelving is re-locatable, fulfilling the second tenet of environmental consideration REUSE. When you move your storage systems can move with you.
- All scrap steel produced during the manufacturing process is recycled. The recycling program also includes all scrap wood and corrugated material, reducing the total amount of waste produced.